RESOURCES AND LINKS
These books (and many others) are available from our parents library in the classroom.
Basic ideas of Montessori Educational Theory - Maria Montessori
A Parents Guide to the Montessori Classroom - Wolf
Montessori : A Modern Approach - Polk Lillard
The Essential Montessori - Elizabeth Hainstock
Montessori : The Science behind the Genius - Angeline Stoll Lillard
Montessori : the Science Behind the Genius
This is a fabulous book by Angeline Stoll Lillard demonstrating how current scientific research is providing support for many of Montessori's theories. The book details what happens in the Montessori classroom, why it happens and why it works. It really is indispensable reading and we have 2 copies in the library.
MANZ - Montessori Aotearoa New Zealand
MANZ is the national organization representing and promoting Montessori in New Zealand. Their website (see below) is a superb and indispensable resource for parents wanting to find out more about Montessori education and also has a Parent Guide 6 - 12 (Guide to Choosing a Montessori Primary Education). This is downloadable from their website or we can post you a hardcopy.
www.goodatdoingthings.com - Dr Steven Hughes
Take a look at Dr Steven Hughes website for a stimulating talk about how Montessori parallels what we now know about brain development and how it fosters the development of advanced cognitive functions, social cognition and higher order competencies such as empathy and leadership.
- www.montessori.org.nz - Montessori Association of New Zealand
- www.montessori.org - The Montessori Foundation - The International Montessori Council
- www.montessori-ami.org - Association Montessori Internationale
- www.montessori-science.com - Author site of Angeline Stoll Lillard
- www.goodatdoingthings.com - Site of Dr Steven Hughes, Associate Professor of Paediatrics and Neurology
- www.amshq.org - American Montessori Association
- www.tmi.edu - Toronto Montessori Institute
- www.montessori.edu.au - Montessori Association of Australia